Re: arp responses by dual port eepro100

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: arp responses by dual port eepro100
From: "Michael McConnell" <michaelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:41:33 -0700
Julian I appreciate your advise and have enable this particular flag on our
test production enviroment and am still in my early phase of testing.

I did some searching on google for arp_filter and rp_filter, a few documents
and news threads came up, most of which were either written by you, or
refered to your web page. (-; I'm still trying to understand exactly what
these flags do, I can find no solid explaination as to how they will change
the kernel's behaviour. I've taken a look at arp.c and well, I don't really
understand that function....

If you, or anyone for that matter could elaborate on exactly how my kernels
behaviour will change by enabling / disabling these flags I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks again, Michael