Re: arp responses by dual port eepro100

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: arp responses by dual port eepro100
From: Ramon Kagan <rkagan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:03:50 -0400 (EDT)
HI,

I'm using a similar setup. Two thoughts.

1.  Kernel 2.2x seems to be far more proliferic in completing these arps.
Try going to 2.4x.  Since we've gone to 2.4.18 we haven't had anymore
incidients.  Also do you start the second NIC with -arp options?

2.  The drivers make no difference, we've also tried the native intel
ones.  In fact I believe they are the same in almost all respects.

Ramon Kagan
York University, Computing and Network Services
Unix Team -  Intermediate System Administrator
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan@xxxxxxxx