Re: ftp problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ftp problem
Cc: stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:13:11 -0400
Stefan Peter wrote:

> >       Remove the port 20 service and check if that solves the
> > problem.
>
> Actually it did solve, but it is still an open question for me: why? :-)

You found the evidence yourself. If you schedule 20 and 21, then they
will be regarded as separate services and can be sent to different realservers.
If you just schedule 21, then the connection to port 20 will be provided
by ip_vs_ftp (for NAT) or by persistence for DR or Tun.

I'll make a note in the HOWTO about this.