Performance testing

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Performance testing
From: "Brian Jackson" <brian-lists@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:36:08 -0500
Just as a little experiment, since I have enjoyed my preemptible/low latency patches, I decided to test my lvs cluster with the patches. The results were interesting.

1 director
2 realservers
1 client
all fast eth
3com dual speed hub(I am trying to get ahold of a switch to test with) I used Julian's LVS testing utilities
LVS without Prempt patch
AVG. packets/sec
RS1             RS2
5359 5358
LVS with Preempt and lock-break patches from Robert Love
Avg. packets/sec
RS1             RS2
4677 4675 I didn't know if anybody would be interested in these numbers. Let me what you think or if you have any questions.
--Brian Jackson