Re: maintain persistant timeouts in connection table

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MKrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: maintain persistant timeouts in connection table
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:32:52 -0400
Matthias Krauss wrote:

> Hello,
> if a have eg RIP1 existing in my LVS connection table and if
> this host  -  lets say doesnt exist anymore -  : how can i
> remove this host from the connection table, specialy if i've
> setup an extreme long persistant timeout configured ?

it's the same situation as for your previous posting.
LVS only knows the information displayed with `ipvsadm` ie the
realservers it can send packets to, the services
they have and the number of connections.
If a realserver goes up||down, ip_vs/ipvsadm
don't know about it. You have to use some external
agent (eg mon) to change the settings by running
ipvsadm commands if you want ipvsadm to have entries
that correspond only to machines which are up.