Re: Again this comes up... :-)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Again this comes up... :-)
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:42:10 -0400
Matt.Gregory@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Ok, so why am I not able to route directly to my realservers
> (10.80.1.21/22) from my NAT gateway/firewall?

you're not supposed to be able to do this with lvs-dr

> I checked, and after the configuration script is run the realservers do not
> have a default gateway in their route.

they're not supposed to have one

 I can't ping outside services from
> the realservers (google.com for example),

correct

the RIPs are not supposed to connect to the outside world.
It's a feature. If you want to do this see the section
on 3-Tier LVS's

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-10.html

does your DR LVS work?