Re: 2.2.19 ipvs patch for ip_masq_ftp

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.2.19 ipvs patch for ip_masq_ftp
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:22:37 +0200
Hello Wensong,

I almost forget the ipvs code for 2.2.19 now. :) I remember that the
ip_masq_ftp changes of kernel 2.2.19 could make ftp work for
port-forwarding, and it makes ftp work for IPVS too (modprobe ip_masq_ftp
in_ports=21), so I didn't alter the ip_masq_ftp.c from ipvs patch since
then. Anyway, I have to check it again.

I think you need someone that takes care of the old code so you don't have to worry about it. It should be a pretty simple job, basically rediffing (I don't know how many times I've said 'simple' before ...). What about a 2.2.x kernel tree manager and, when 2.6.x hits the people, a 2.4.x kernel tree manager? His job would be to

o rediff when new kernel releases come
o verify bugfixes and apply them
o verify new code additions and discuss them with you before an eventual
  application
o take up bugreports to a certain extent of his personal knowledge

Could you please check with the 2.2.19 kernel code for ip_masq_ftp.c (maybe Julian) and if we need Tony's patch tell me. I would then rediff the stuff against 2.2.22 and we could put it up on the linux-vs.org patch. I'm sure that Tony and I are not the only two souls still heavily using 2.2.x kernels on production machines (at least the IDE works :=)).

What do you, or others of course, think?

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc