Re: 2.2.19 ipvs patch for ip_masq_ftp

To: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.2.19 ipvs patch for ip_masq_ftp
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:06:05 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Roberto Nibali wrote:

> 2.2.x is simply the most stable kernel for a network server in
> production. Not the fastest though, but hardware is cheap.

        Yes, 2.2 is enough for the loads we have.

> > http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/ds9/
>
> I hope you did get the locking right :) [Not that I care a lot, I'm
> still mostly running UP]

        Yes, many bugs in DS-8 were fixed, many not mentioned in the
Changelog because they are fixed by using the 2.4 sources. Note that
I'm not yet in production with these patches but all kind of testing
works. As for wmb(), there are some places in DS-8 that don't have it,
so I'm not sure what happens on SMP on tc reconfiguration. DS-9 should
have the locking right. You can easily check these places by looking
into the ds8-to-ds9-2.diff, for example, police.c should use such wmb().
Of course, feedback from many users is needed before marking this
patch as stable :)

> Best regards,
> Roberto Nibali, ratz

Regards