Re: internal/external network problems

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: internal/external network problems
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:24:46 -0500
Ian Millsom wrote:

> I have a fully working operation lvs setup now, which works great,

> but no-one physically works from the data center.

I don't know how this fits into the problem.

> The second is a mirror in the office. From the outside world, all is
> working fine.
> When I try and say load a website/ssh etc through the lvs server it just
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^

what is an "lvs server"?

http://www.linux-vs.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.introduction.html#nomenclature

> times out.

If the IPs are important and you have multiple networks (internal/external),
a diagram would be more helpful than a list of IPs.
You can swipe one of the diagrams in the HOWTO if you need a template.

An LVS timing out could be several things.

I need more info.
What forwarding method are you using?
What service(s) are you forwarding?
What's the output of ipvsadm when the director is attempting
to handle the connection?

Send a diagram of the connections and IPs.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,