Re: hardware suggestion ...

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: hardware suggestion ...
From: "vecna@xxxxxxxxxx" <vecna@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:24:14 +0100 (CET)
> Ciao Vecna,
> I'm especially honoured to see you on this mailinglist. I love BFi and I
> will  personally make sure you get premium support while setting up LVS.
tnx :) in few time we must release some news :)

> LVS-NAT or LVS-DR mode?
LVS-DR

> Are those 2 GB NICs planned for redundant Internet access?
is a separated vlan, not for backuo line, we need behind the LVS
10-12 RS to work as IDS.

I'm thinking only to divide the traffic between the IDSs, with a
session tracking of LVS I think this could work fine ...

"Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Personally I would go with a machine using two Gig Ethernets.  Plug one
> into a switch to break out the 100 mb connetions to the real servers.
I think to use 10/12 cross wire for connect the IDSs directly

> I would think it would be more memory bandwidth limited than
> actual CPU power.
maybe :) and LVS-DR don't required a lots of memory how could required
LVS-NAT ... but what's about network device ? we are thinking to
but three quad intel for contact the RS and two 3Com 35985 for external
interface, did you know if those work correctly ?

bye :)
vecna