Re: Sorry not quite a VS question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sorry not quite a VS question
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:31:14 +0100
Hello Laurie,

Sorry for my bad description, but yes "you hit the nail on the head".

My description isn't any better either. There are Quadboard and Dualboard NICs so actually Multi(-port) NIC is rather appropriate :)

We have now ordered 2 x DLink DFE-580TX Quadboards ("cheap and cheerful" @
£113.00 each inc tax) and DLink assure us they will work as a pair.

The Adaptec Quadboards would be £180 (if I did the conversion correctly). We choose them because in the past we've had extremely bad experiences with badly broken DLink hardware. This mostly concerned their switches. But once a product sheds bad light on the decision you will hardly convince yourself that the rest of the product line works correctly, IMHO.

We read that the current Intel Quadboards have a bug in the driver that
prevent using 2 in the same machine? (I stress that this is Unofficial
information so please check with Intel before taking it as Gospel!).

We'll see, but thanks for that tip (might save some debugging time). We're about to buy a stock of 6 to do preliminary testing and if I don't get them to work correctly within a certain reasonable timeframe we'll continue using Adaptec Quadboards.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc