Re: If this is not persistence, what is it? Maybe http1.1 ?!?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: If this is not persistence, what is it? Maybe http1.1 ?!?
From: João Clemente <jpcl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:28:57 +0000
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:52:02 -0600 (CST)
Ivan Pulleyn <ivan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To totally fragment the request, if using apache, 'KeepAlive off'
> option will disable HTTP keep-alive sessions. So a single browser load
> will have to connect() many times; once for the document, then again
> for each image on the page, style sheet, etc. Also, sending a pragma
> no-cache in the HTTP header would be a good idea to ensure the client
> actually reloads.

But I consider this a bad thing! Opening a greater number of connections will
put more load under the servers!
What I was trying to understand is if the behavior I reported is due to the
http 1.1 persistent connections or if is some mechanism built-in the lvs
director..

--
  João Pedro Clemente   -   jpcl (at) rnl ist utl pt
In pursuit for knowledge there is only one enemy: Time.