Re: SSL on director versus real server

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SSL on director versus real server
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:14:54 -0500
pb wrote:

> Hello Joe and all,
>
> Is it possible for SSL to be supported on the LVS
> directory

director?

> rather than on the real server(s) ???
> I mean, I think there is a routing ability of LVS to
> the directory itself, besides the normal routing to
> real servers, right?

I think you're saying that you want the director to forward
port 80 and to accept port 443 locally, ie to not forward port 443.
If this is the case then you add entries with ipvsadm for port 80
only. All other traffic sent to the VIP on other ports will
be handled locally.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx