Re: LVS-DR / LVS-NAT / FW questions

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-DR / LVS-NAT / FW questions
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:23:18 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Joseph Mack wrote:

> Julian,
>       There were some incompatibilities between LVS and netfilter
> when running a director and firewall on the same box with 2.4.x

        Yes, LVS and Netfilter use their own connection tracking
implementations.

> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.patches.html#id2900456
>
>       (Unfortunately the wrong README is in there at the moment.
> I have a notice from Wensong, rather than Ben North's README. This
> is being fixed up right now).
>
>       What is the situation now?

        The same. I have tried to explain it January 2002. If we are
going to implement something like this, then changes in Netfilter
are required too, mostly in the routing usage. LVS has some
requirements for the connection state which are not present in
netfilter. I don't think it is better LVS to move to Netfilter
conntracking. And I still don't have enough time for thinking
on such big changes for LVS ...

>       Thanks
>       Joe

Regards