Re: Director and real server on the same machine?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Director and real server on the same machine?
From: Sébastien Bonnet <Sebastien.Bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:24:27 +0100
> Is it possible to have a lvs configuration using only two RedHat
> 7.2 Linux machins running as both directors and real servers?

Sure ! Strictly speaking about LVS, it's the localnode feature. Then,
you'll have to adapt/configure/tweak the ha and monitoring tools.

> What problems may we run into if we use such a configuration?

Yes, I have 2 clusters made of only two RH7.3 nodes, both acting as
realservers and directors (active/passive).

If you're using piranha, I might supply a patch which will greatly
improve the feasability.

--
Sébastien Bonnet
  Centre de contacts - Experian France