Re: Director and real server on the same machine?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Director and real server on the same machine?
From: Sébastien Bonnet <Sebastien.Bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:44:47 +0100
> I was thinking of using Piranha, but I don't know how to get it
> for RH7.2. Do you have any idea? I don't think RedHat provides it,
> or do they?

I don't think it's shipped with the regular distro, maybe (certainly)
with Advanced Server. I can't remember where I got it from, but piranha
mailing list & google will be your friends :)

> If you can provide some great patch I would be very greatful to
> receive it.

Browse piranha mailing list and you'll find both the patch and various
explanations about what I've done and how to use it.

But you'll still first have to understand what's going on when using
only two nodes both as RS and director. With DR, it's mainly a matter of
(hidden) VIP handling. With NAT, you also have to handle the default
gateway changing (if active or passive director).

--
Sébastien Bonnet
  Centre de contacts - Experian France