Re: I think I found a minor bug in persistence time-outs.

To: Terry Green <tgreen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I think I found a minor bug in persistence time-outs.
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 03:28:40 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Terry Green wrote:

> - however, if the template record is allowed to expire, it will be kept
> because there's still an active connection, but it's time will be reset
> to IP_VS_S_TIME_WAIT constant (defaulted to 2 minutes in ip_vs_conn.c)
> rather than to the persistence time set for this session.   Further, the

        Yes, as implemented, the persistence timeout guarantees
afinity starting from the first connection. It lasts _after_ the
last connection from this "session" is terminated. There is still
no option to say "persistence time starts for each connection",
it could be useful.

> data structure for the connection template appears to have been
> corrupted, as any further connections from the client reset the template
> time to 2 minutes instead of the original persistence time.

> - Running my tests again, I see the connection template record being
> reset to 1:40 instead of 2:00.

        May be you see it 20 seconds after the 2-minute cycle
is restarted. It is "reset" only when its timer expires, not when
the controlled connections expire.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>