Re: ldirectord problems

Subject: Re: ldirectord problems
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:01:13 +0900
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 08:40:56AM +0100, Malcolm Turnbull wrote:

> Thanks thats great, I'd only come across the problem on my internal
> test/intranet network and assumed it was a problem with my Perl install.
> I'll update my ldirectord from CVS and check that it now works.

The problem really lies in the LWP and what I would
describe as careless use of exec. You can get NTLM
authentication to work with LWP, but it will typically still
throw a __DIE__ so you need to make sure that signal is ignored.

All the update for ldirectord does is ignore any __DIE__s that
occur with LWP. NTLM authentication will still fail - though
it could be made to work - but ldirector won't crash like
it did before.

--
Horms