Re: ipvs-1.0.9 error when compiling

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvs-1.0.9 error when compiling
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:46:39 +0900
On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:14:30PM -0400, Joseph Mack wrote:
> Horms wrote:
> >

> > > we could put the latest popt on the (planned) contrib page.
> > > Horms, would you want to ship popt with ipvsadm?
>
> Let's not bother. Although popt source isn't in freshmeat,
> I found it at gnu with google.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/directory/libs/popt.html
>
> I've put an EVEN BIGGER notice in the next version of the
> mini-HOWTO about compiling with popt and have put the
> gnu url in the mini-HOWTO.
>
> Can't do much more than that.

I think that is a pretty sound stratergy.
I think that it is only reasonably old versions of popt
that have this issue. As time goes buy the number of people
encoutering it should deminish.

Also, my understanding is that popt is being maintained,
though in an obscure, you have to look really hard to find it,
kind of way. So we don't really need to duplicate effort there.

--
Horms