RE: Graphing connections with RRDTool

Subject: RE: Graphing connections with RRDTool
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:58:28 +0100

> You have two main options here.
>
> 1. Write something that quiries the kernel directly,
>    libipvs should be able to help you here.
>
> 2. Add a(nother) option to ipvsadm.
>
> Personally I would go for 1 as it is probably quicker.
> Though you could try 2 and see if you can twist Wensong's arm
> into including it in the release.

I start to find my way using ucd-snmp-lvs-module-0.0.2, and an adaptation of
the check_traffic perl suites written for Nagios (we are using nagios for all
our monitoring. I know asyd@xxxxxxxxxx made it using this MIB, but with another
monitoring tool at the end (can't remember the name).

It is not working _yet_ but I will make it work. I think using snmp is far less
resource consuming. Maybe I'm wrong, but...

François.