RE: LVS freezing up

To: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <micah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS freezing up
From: "Micah Abrams" <micah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:45:11 -0700
Both the secondary and the master are doing the same thing intermittently.
The strange thing is that servers have been running fine for about 2 months.
The the master LB has a completely different hardware configuration then
does the backup.  The only common piece of hardware is the hub to which all
the servers connect.

When the cluster does fail, only the front (incoming) side of the cluster is
failing.  What I mean is that the real servers continue to pass the
keepalived tcp checks and all the real servers remain in the cluster
(ipvs -L lists all the realservers).  Unfortunately, no incoming traffic is
routed to the real servers.  If I simply ssh in and restart keepalived, the
cluster is brought back online right away and normal traffic resumes.

Micah