Re: LVS freezing up

To: micah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS freezing up
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:49:36 -0500
Micah Abrams wrote:

> Both the secondary and the master are doing the same thing intermittently.
> The strange thing is that servers have been running fine for about 2 months.
> The the master LB has a completely different hardware configuration then
> does the backup.

well maybe it isn't hardware then

> The only common piece of hardware is the hub to which all
> the servers connect.

hmm

> When the cluster does fail, only the front (incoming) side of the cluster is
> failing.

this is the side not connected to the hub?

> What I mean is that the real servers continue to pass the
> keepalived tcp checks and all the real servers remain in the cluster
> (ipvs -L lists all the realservers).  Unfortunately, no incoming traffic is
> routed to the real servers.  If I simply ssh in and restart keepalived, the
> cluster is brought back online right away and normal traffic resumes.

I see. Well as I said, I don't expect this is going to be easy. Good luck and
keep
us informed.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx