RE: lvs-rrd

Subject: RE: lvs-rrd
From: "Salvatore D. Tepedino" <sal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:08:00 -0500
On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 03:44, Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:
> In fact, I am working on porting your lvs-rrd to snmp. And yes, I use snmpget
> and rrdtools. And, I think I'm going crazy, for sure. But I'm French, so
> going crazy is not a big problem.... Now, I think my data collecting script
> is OK (even when adding a realserver or a service). Now, I have to do the
> graphs. It is in prealpha state and I think I missed some things :). It is
> highly based on Salvatore work.

Well, if you use the new naming format for the rrd files I'm using, all
you'll have to do is the data collection end. The graphing script does
the rest. In case you haven't looked at it, I changed the naming
convention to lvs.VIP.VPORT.RIP.RPORT.rrd (One for each real server) and
those IPs and ports are in hex (just like the ip_vs proc entry). If you
need a quick script to translate IPs to hex, I can post it for you.

My next step is to add an option so the graphing script spits out
separate active and inactive graphs (for very lopsided connection
numbers). Should be simple enough to do.

--
Salvatore D. Tepedino <sal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>