RE: HTTP connect hangs to virtual IP

Subject: RE: HTTP connect hangs to virtual IP
From: Nigel Hamilton <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:13:22 -0600 (CST)

>       Why can't cluster.html (my test file) find its way back to the
> Director?

HI,

        OK. I think I can answer my own question, I was using the real IP
address of the Director as the VIP. I have since reverted to using a
second VIP to act as an alias for the Director.

        The other change I did was to change the netmask in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 from the default, 255.255.254.0
to 255.255.255.0.

        I'm not sure which change caused it to work but now the ldirectord
is connecting to the Real Server. :-)

        However, I still can't connect to the webserver from the outside
world - it the browser just hangs. :-(

        Any ideas? In the meantime, it's back to the docs on
http://linuxvirtualserver.org.

NIge

--
Nigel Hamilton