Re: Firewalls loadbalancing issue

Subject: Re: Firewalls loadbalancing issue
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:22:02 -0500
Guillaume Arcas wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Seems I failed to explain my problem...
> Si I try again from scratch.
>
> With that schema :
>
>         [local lan]
>         [director]
>        /          \
>    [realserver1] [realserver2]
>      \            /
>        [internet]
>
> and realserver1 / realserver2 being firewalls and director being local lan
> default gateway and acting as loadbalancer, how can I manage to make the
> loadbalancing work ?

in an LVS, the director has to get the connection and the realservers have
to be running services (or connecting to a 3rd tier which has the service).
People do what you are doing when the realservers are squids, but no-one has
extended it for all services.

You might be better doing something like

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx