Re: Firewalls loadbalancing issue

Subject: Re: Firewalls loadbalancing issue
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:08:05 -0500
Guillaume Arcas wrote:

> Hi Joe (and others..).
>

> I think I now understand a little better why it is so hard ! :-)
> Does it mean that I should put only proxyfying services on my realservers

possibly.

I expect you could get LVS to do what you want, but I since LVS
is meant to handle a small number of ports, while routers are meant
to handle anything, it would be better to try some redundant router
solution.

Certainly, put your webcache into an LVS if you have enough traffic for
it.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx