LVS-NAT GigE internal network director question.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS-NAT GigE internal network director question.
From: "Jeremy Kusnetz" <lvs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:46:25 -0500 (EST)
We are planning on upgrading the network our realservers to gigE to
support a gigE connection to our NFS server.  I need to have gigE on the
realservers due to potential buffering issues losing NFS udp packets
coming from the NFS server.

Now that the realservers will be on gigE, I can see a potential of the
realservers sending data to the director faster then the director's
internal 100mb connection can handle and start buffering packets on the
swtich.  Because of that I'm planning on putting a gigE interface on the
internal connection of the director, but leaving a 100mb nic connecting
the director to the outside routers.  Now the director would be buffering
data coming in at gigE speeds and sending out the data at 100mb speeds.
Am I going to have any problems on the director doing this kind of
buffering?  I figure it could probably handle it better then the switch
could.  Am I right?