Re: LVS and AOL

Subject: Re: LVS and AOL
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:20:37 +0200
Hi,

hmm, I probably dropped some email :/ sorry. Too many spam/viri since last month...

> Alexandre! Tell us what we can put in a the IP part of a virtual-server definition.

according to the <cough> authoritative man (5) keepalived.conf it's one of

VIP port
fwmark INT
(virtual server) group <STRING>

Yes read the doc/keepalived.conf.SYNOPSIS all keywords are here

you can use list of IP addresses. Mainly, a virtual_server is :

1. IP address + PORT
2. fwmark
3. a group

then a group is like that :

virtual_server_group <STRING> {
        <IP ADDRESS> <PORT>             # VIP VPORT
        <IP ADDRESS> <PORT>
        <IP ADDRESS RANGE> <PORT>       # VIP range VPORT
        <IP ADDRESS RANGE> <PORT>
        fwmark <INTEGER>                # fwmark
        fwmark <INTEGER>
}

Note:   <IP ADDRESS RANGE> has the form of : XXX.YYY.ZZZ.WWW-VVV, define
        the IP address range starting at WWW and monotonaly incremented by
        one to VVV. Example : 192.168.200.1-10 means .1 to .10 IP addresses.

so for example : in doc/samples/keepalived.conf.virtual_server_group :

virtual_server_group VSG_1 {
        10.0.0.1 8080
        10.0.0.2 80
        192.168.200.1 1358