Re: Help debugging director problems after a period of time

Subject: Re: Help debugging director problems after a period of time
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:34:02 -0500
Randy Paries wrote:

> Here is the problem.
> It works fine for a period of time. Then after a while(hours not minutes)
> everything slows down.

is it busy (top)?

> The symptom is I can not longer ping my name server.

by IP or name?

> If I reboot it works fine again for a while. I tried killing ldirectord to
> see if he was the problem but nope. I can ssh into the box just fine,

does this mean it's working again after you kill ldirectord or "nope" it's
not working still.

> it is just the name resolution.

I don't know what this means.

> I can not even ping the name server ip.(every
> other box can, and if I reboot I can immediately.)

by name or IP

> Ipvsadm takes about 30 seconds to display(must use the name server I assume)

try ipvsadm -n then ipvsadm
netstat -n, netstat
route -n, route

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx