Not understanding some behavior

Subject: Not understanding some behavior
From: "Randy Paries" <randy.paries@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:58:32 -0500
Hello,

I have a question if this is correct  behavior

I have a LVS_DR setup

1 director 2 real servers

My ldirectord.cf will be at the bottom of the email

A couple of things I needed to do was
1) have persistence because of some tomcat/application issues.
2) modify my netmask because a large majority of my customers are AOL users
(ARG)

My two real servers are flanders and krusty.
So the behavior I am seeing is that when initially connect I can watch the
http access logs and see that I am going to krusty. When I do a ipvsadm
--list both nodes have a 1 by the router

ipvsadm --list
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  test.unitnet.com:http wlc persistent 1800 mask 255.255.255.0
  -> local.krusty:http            Route   1      0          0
  -> local.flanders:http          Route   1      0          0
  -> backup:http                  Local   0      0          0

Now if I take down the http server on krusty and do a ipvsadm --list I get
ipvsadm --list
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  test.unitnet.com:http wlc persistent 1800 mask 255.255.255.0
  -> local.krusty:http            Route   0      0          0
  -> local.flanders:http          Route   1      0          0
  -> backup:http                  Local   0      0          0

But If I try to go to the web server I get page not found. But if I restart
ldirectord
Krusty is no longer listed and I now go to flanders successfully.

Thanks for any insight.

Randy