LVS: localnode question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS: localnode question
From: Michael Daum <micha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:23:59 +0200
Hi,

I'm about to set up 9 identical boxes, one of which is a masquerading gateway
with two nics.
Now, naturally, I'd like to use the gateway as a realserver aswell. Following
the instructions
at chapter 18. LVS: localnode I added the address of a local nic of the gateway
as a realserver
to /etc/ipvsadm.rules trying to balance ssh using the wlc scheduler.
Additionally I've added SNAT using iptables.
I could provide more details if desired....

So far things nearly work. But I can only open 8 ssh connections: the 9th ssh
connect should be directed
to the localnode/gateway which it doesn't: Connection refused as if there was
no port open. So I added
ListenAdresses in sshd_config to listen to the correct port. No change. The
sshd does not get any connect.
The tcp connection seems not to be acknowledged at a lower level...

I tried a dedicated port redirect from gateway:2009 to 127.0.0.1:2009. No
success: Connection refused.

What am I doing wrong?

        Micha.

--