Re: Routing weirdness

Subject: Re: Routing weirdness
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:36:10 +0900
On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 09:24:17AM -0700, Sean Roe wrote:
> I am using Heartbeat for failover.  And as far as ICMP packets how can I
> test for it?

Off hand, I am not sure how to check for them other than
using something like tcpdump. Though, I you know that you can
turn sending and/or accepting them on a per interface basis
through /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/

If you play with that, be sure to turn the feature on
using appropriate entry in the all/ subdirectory, then enable
it on the required interfaces, using the entries in the
corresponding subdirectory.

--
Horms