When the director is the client.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: When the director is the client.
From: Joshua Goodall <joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:51:47 +1000
I want to setup the situation where the director is one of the clients.

It appears that LVS does not intercept the outbound packet when it
originates on the director itself. This is with both fwmark and a
configured IP:port. I've also tried adding -j REDIRECT in the OUTPUT
chain, to no avail.

If I bring up the VIP on the director, I see the packet when tcpdumping
localhost, but LVS doesn't grab it. Oddly, the packet is still on
localhost even when the VIP is on eth0.

I'm not in a position to throw extra hardware at this particular problem
to separate the director properly. All the other clients balance
through LVS as normal in my arrangements, but the director's
connections are just routed normally.

Has anyone done this before? Any doco?

- Joshua.

--
Joshua Goodall <joshua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Solutions Architect / Principal Security Architect