Re: LVS and dynamic routing

To: jcouzens@xxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS and dynamic routing
From: Patrick LeBoutillier <patl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:22:17 -0400
James Couzens wrote:

Did you look at keepalived Patrick?  To give you an idea of how simple,
and how powerful keepalived is, here is a sample configuration provided
with the source which includes interface monitoring and which should be
noted that it will add/remove virtual routes as well:

James,

keepalived will add/del routes locally, but will it announce routes to routers (RIP?) the way gated/zebra does? What I need is not only changing my own routes, but also I want to announce routes towards my networks via both my network interfaces.
Only the active director must make these announces.

Note: I'm new to dynamic routing and routing in gemeral so my terminology may
be off.

Thanks,

Patrick

--