Re: LVS and dynamic routing

Subject: Re: LVS and dynamic routing
From: James Couzens <jcouzens@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:43:02 -0700
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 07:22, Patrick LeBoutillier wrote:

> keepalived will add/del routes locally, but will it announce routes to
> routers (RIP?)
> the way gated/zebra does? What I need is not only changing my own
> routes, but
> also I want to announce routes towards my networks via both my network
> interfaces.
> Only the active director must make these announces.
>
> Note: I'm new to dynamic routing and routing in gemeral so my
> terminology may
> be off.

You can use the configuration in keepalived to trigger change in
configuration/operation of your routing daemon.  If you give a look in
the keepalived list archives
(http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.keepalived.devel) there have been
posts relating to this very thing.  Look for posts with the subject
"keepalived transition based on proc".

Cheers,

James

--