Re: Gratuitous ARP interval etc

Subject: Re: Gratuitous ARP interval etc
From: Shinichi Kido <shin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:18:01 +0900
Thank you four your quick reply.

> Several gratuitous ARP packets are sent so if the first one doesn't make
> it hopefully the next one will. You can configure both the number of ARP
> packets that are sent, and the time between sending them.

Can you tell me how to configure the number of ARP packets and interval?
I had red man page of heartbeat and template of ha.cf, but couldn't find
this argument.
I'm sorry to trouble you  with simple question.

> Actually that was my original design. I did that to gaurd against the
> situation where some half-dead node can respond to ARP. The overhead
> of sending a gratuitous ARP every second or so is pretty low. But
> it is probably more trouble than it is worth. Particularly in the
> situation where the node sending the gratuitous ARP packets
> malfunctions.

Yes, I understand your suggestion that it may cause some trouble with
half-dead node. I would like to solve the problem to set the heartbeat
nodes to broadcast the gratuitous arp more longer when failover occurs.

 Thank you!

Kido