Re: Can realserver be in different subnet against directorserver?

Subject: Re: Can realserver be in different subnet against directorserver?
From: "cwinl" <cwinl-lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:29:52 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Clint Byrum" <cbyrum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 11:14 AM

> On Saturday, October 2, 2004, at 07:56 PM, cwinl wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > I am a newbie to LVS. B->
> >
> > I'm configuring an LVS system which has 1 director ang 2 realservers
> > to realize a VS/DR structure.
> > I just want to know whether the two realserver can be in different
> > subnet against the directorserve?
> > Here is my network structure and the connection is fine.
> >

> I believe the answer is maybe.  As I understand LVS-DR, the director
> needs to be on the same layer2 segment as the real servers in some way.
> This is because it must do an ARP lookup of their hardware addresses,
> and then send packets directly to those hardware addresses. This is why
> LVS-TUN exists.

ooh,i had changed realservers'  IP addr to be in the same subnet with the
directorserver and it works fine!
thank you!

but,
i still have some problems.

i install debian(sarge) on both director and realservers with recompiled kernel
2.4.27.
i install vsftpd and apache1.3.31 on  realservers.

apache works fine  but vsftpd not.
display  error message:
socket error...

Can it be kernel recompile problem?