RE: [OT] Binding A Second NIC to A Device

Subject: RE: [OT] Binding A Second NIC to A Device
From: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:37:14 -0800
> I think you've hit the nail dead on.  I wonder if I can force the IRQ
> from the BIOS, and if that would make a difference in the
> order it scans
> the bus?  Looking at the lspci output, it seems to have them
> in reverse IRQ order.

PS, just saw on another mailing list about a tool called nameif.  Check it
out.

nameif  renames network interfaces based on mac addresses.
       When no arguments are given /etc/mactab is read. Each line
       of  it  contains  an  interface  name  and  a Ethernet MAC
       address. Comments are allowed starting with #.   Otherwise
       the  interfaces  specified  on  the  command line are pro-
       cessed.  nameif looks for the interface with the given MAC
       address and renames it to the name given.