Re: [OT] Binding A Second NIC to A Device

Subject: Re: [OT] Binding A Second NIC to A Device
From: Jacob Coby <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:29:46 -0500
Todd Lyons wrote:

But that doesn't fix your problem.  If you do an lspci, you'll probably
see that your PCI card is listed before the onboard ethernet.  Since
they both use the same driver, it's simply finding them by walking down
the pci device list.  The order it finds them is the order it assigns
them.  There doesn't seem to be any way of telling the module that it
should do one then the other:

I think you've hit the nail dead on. I wonder if I can force the IRQ from the BIOS, and if that would make a difference in the order it scans the bus? Looking at the lspci output, it seems to have them in reverse IRQ order.

So you're stuck unless you can do option 1.

Urgh.  Anyone have recommendations on a NIC?

Thanks,
--
-Jacob