RE: [OT] Binding A Second NIC to A Device

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [OT] Binding A Second NIC to A Device
From: secroft@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:34:42 -0700
I've used it plenty of times to bind a card to a device with no issues. You do
have it as:

HWADDR=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Here is an example:

# Intel Corp.|82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
HWADDR=00:0D:56:98:16:F6
IPADDR=10.104.40.102
NETMASK=255.255.252.0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

Works like a charm. Now the one exception is if the bus your card is on is
walked first, before your internal card, then you probably will have issues as
they just don't like to play nice together that way.

Scott