Re: Windows 2000 loopback device is just 10M bps?

Subject: Re: Windows 2000 loopback device is just 10M bps?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:09:36 -0500
Monty Ree wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> I would like to set LVS-DR realserver using Windows 2000 Server.
> So I installed loopback device, but the speed was 10M bps.

this is wierd. lo etc are virtual interfaces. On linux the speed to
lo is the speed of the local buses which is higher than the ethernet speed by
quite a bit (factor of 4 or so)

> the traffic which the each real server services is over 10M bps.
> So, 10 Mbps can cause any problem or not?

well the clients will have to wait.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx