LVS and Squid

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS and Squid
From: "Brad Taylor" <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:14:42 -0500
I have two boxes I'd like to have setup this way:

1st Server: Primary Squid and secondary LVS
2nd Server: Primary LVS and secondary Squid

Traffic from client would be:  Client---Squid---LVS---3 backend web
servers.

If the Squid server went down the primary LVS server would assume the
role of both squid and the LVS.  If the LVS Server went down the primary
Squid server would assume the role of the LVS and the Squid server.
Can this be done?

Both boxes have a default install of Red Hat 9.  Does the kernel need to
be patched for Red Hat 9.  Kinda confused as some places I read it is
included in 9.