Re: modprobe: can't locate module mousedev, keydev

To: Bienvenida Valencia <bienve.valencia@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: modprobe: can't locate module mousedev, keydev
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:51:35 +0900
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:13:41PM +0100, Bienvenida Valencia wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I'm new in Linux, I'm recompiling the kernel and I have this error
> messages when I reboot the system:
>
> th /proc/bus/usb directory doesn't exists
>
> modprobe: can't locate module mousedev
> modprobe: cant't locate module keydev
> modprobe: cant't locate module hid

Most likely you have a kernel that doesn't have those modules
because either you didn't configure them to be compiled, or
they have been renamed. The former is more likely.

Then you have some userspace core, perhaps something
in /etc/ that is read by one of the init scripts,
or perhaps something a bit smarter like a usb daemon,
that is trying to insert these modules.

> If somebody know what can I do... Thank you very much

Add the modules to the compile or ignore the warning.

--
Horms