streaming server with LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: streaming server with LVS
From: Daniil Sosonkin <daniil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:06:34 -0500
Hello,

Just a small confirmation question. I have this application for streaming stock quotes written in Java which needs to be balanced between several computers. The clients connect to it using an applet via regular sockets, subscribe to some quotes and the server sends out updates over the same open socket. If a client needs to add/remove quote, it connects to the same server to tell about the desired action. The server takes appropriate action. Basically, in the end, there's always one socket connection open for sending updates.

The question is, can I use LVS-TUN with persistent connections to load balance? There's a timeout variable set on persistent connection and I'm wondering if it will affect open socket? Since its used only for sending and can be opened for days, will LVS remove it from its table after timeout? Also, wil I run a risk of having another connection from the same client going to the different realserver while there's an open socket with streaming data?

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Daniil

Email notices. For more info please visit
http://www.viewtrade.com/emaildisclaimer
This email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of any viruses.
www.mimesweeper.com