Re: Heartbeat LVS-DR config

Subject: Re: Heartbeat LVS-DR config
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:55:44 +0100
Graham,

I'd wouldn't say giberish.. but you haven't said what you are doing ?

I assume you mean LVS-DR on one load balancer, with two real servers (one set up as failover)
using either mon, ldirectord or keepalived ?
Or are you talking about some kind of heartbeat setup ?
Or do you mean hosting the services (apache) on the LVS boxes with heartbeat ?

Purcocks, Graham wrote:

I have just built 2 new servers with LVS-DR and they fail over fine if
the machine dies, but if the network interface stops they both end up
being live when the interface is restored. This is with only IP
checking.

Sorry if it sounds gibberish but its driving me nuts. I know I've seen
it while Googling but I just can't find it again.

Thanks
Graham

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Limited
Office: +44 (0)870 443 8779
Mobile: +44 (0)7715 770523
http://www.loadbalancer.org/

" When a single point of failure is not an option"

Why not try our online demonstration <http://www.loadbalancer.org/demo.html> ? Or get answers to common questions <http://www.loadbalancer.org/fud.html> ?