Re: ipvsadm --stats and number representation

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvsadm --stats and number representation
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:18:42 +0100
On Fri 13 May 2005 08:35:01 BST , Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't think you are in luck, however, ipdating ipvsadm to
give extra stats should be pretty easy. Can you give some more
deatils of what you are after?

I've always thought that something akin to the iptables option "-x" would be quite useful, a la:

-x, --exact
 Expand numbers. Display the exact value of the packet and byte
 counters, instead of only the rounded number in K's (multiples
 of 1000) M's (multiples of 1000K) or G's (multiples of 1000M).
 This option is only relevant for the -L command.

...which might be easier than cloning the "/proc/net/ip_vs_conn entries" section of ip_vs_conn.c (or creating a new file such as ip_vs_stats.c, perhaps) to create another /proc file "/proc/net/ip_vs_stats".

My coding skills at this point are all but nonexistent, so I'll leave it as a suggestion and perhaps an exercise for the reader ;-)

Graeme