Soft start for ldirectord

Subject: Soft start for ldirectord
From: "Graham David Purcocks M.A.(Oxon.)" <grahamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:45:42 +0100
I'm sure I've seen this on the list but can't find it.

Is there a way to soft start real servers when they come back up using
ldirectord? I just rebooted a server and took its weight down to zero and then
rebooted. I had to put the weight back to normal by hand.

I used to use the old RedHat Piranha and nanny and that would slowly
increase the weight back from zero to its top setting so it didn't get
hammered on using wlc metric.

I suspect I haven't used some magic option, and its not that important but if
it could be done that would be nice.

Graham