Re: ipvsadm --stats and number representation

Subject: Re: ipvsadm --stats and number representation
From: Guy Waugh <gwaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:42:51 +1000
Hi again folks,

I've added the '-x --exact' option to the version of ipvsadm that I have, which is version 1.19.2.2 (2003/04/11), according to the source. I'm no C programmer, so it's bound to need a bit of modification.

Anyway, how would I go about submitting my additions to the developers for consideration?

Also, I've finished my Nagios plugin to check an LVS service. The plugin essentially runs 'ipvsadm -Ln -x -(t|u) <serviceIP>:<servicePort> --stats', saves the stats to a file in /tmp and computes connections per second, inpkts per second etc. from the difference between stats values this check and the last time the check was run. I'll look into submitting the plugin to nagiosexchange.org, but in the meantime, what (if anything) should I post to this list about it (apart from this)?

Regards,
Guy.