Re: Connection synchronisation and adding/removing real server

Subject: Re: Connection synchronisation and adding/removing real server
From: Jos Houtman <jos@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:37:39 +0200
Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

This because we quite often manually change the the rules
and load them into the loadbalancer, and it wouldn't be
good to have the failover take over with an outdated rule set.

can you just run ipvsadm with the new rules on the backup
director in the inactive state? I think this should work.
After that the sync demon will update the new rules too.

Joe
That was my initial thought, but i was hoping it was integrated in the connection sync structure that allready exists.

Thanks jos