Re: Newbie Ultramonkey3 help required in debian sarge

Subject: Re: Newbie Ultramonkey3 help required in debian sarge
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:21:03 +0530
On 11/3/05, gg gg234 <ggs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this ultramonkey software and We need to implement this
> for our webservers because we need highavailability and loadbalancing.
>
> Presently oursetup
>
> 2 webservers with 1 physical networkcard and 3 virtual ip address
> configured
> presently we are running webserver and FTP server in these two machines.
>
> Now we need to configure the ultramonkey as how to go about this?
>
> I think i understand something and confused what i understand was
>
> we need minimum of 4 nodes i.e two real servers and 2 directors
>
> now we have already setup ipaddress in real servers and in 2 directors
> we will assign one physical
> card network address after this i think i am getting confused.I think
> next we need to configure virtual ip
> address in 2 directors this is for NAT.Is it correct or i am missing
> something.If i am wrong please help me how to configure this.I am very
> much interested in this technology.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Best Regards

hey,

It seems you are using High Capacity HA & LB configuration

In this configuration

 On the LVS servers

Create one new file ifcfg-eth0:0 and add these lines to ifcfg-eth0:0

 DEVICE=eth0:0

BOOTPROTO=static

BROADCAST=192.168.1.255 <http://192.168.1.255>

IPADDR=192.168.1.58 <http://192.168.1.58> ----> VIP

NETMASK=255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0>

NETWORK=192.168.1.0 <http://192.168.1.0>

ONBOOT=yes

TYPE=Ethernet

  On the both the real servers ifcfg-lo:0 and add these lines in it.

 DEVICE=lo:0

IPADDR=192.168.1.58 <http://192.168.1.58> ----> VIP

NETMASK=255.255.255.255 <http://255.255.255.255>

NETWORK=192.168.1.0 <http://192.168.1.0>

BROADCAST=192.168.1.255 <http://192.168.1.255>

ONBOOT=yes

NAME=loopback

TYPE=Ethernet

 Please change the eth0 to whatever interface you are using and also change
the ipaddresses as per your setup.

Add the arp_ignore and arp_announce in /etc/sysctl.conf file

net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 2
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.arp_announce = 2

  On both the real servers the gateway should be the VIP for ex
192.168.1.58<http://192.168.1.58>
.

There are few more important things which I am not explaining like
masquerading ,ldirectord etc.. these things are very clear on the
ultramonkey site.

If anything is not clear do revert back.

Regards

Ankush Grover